Mexican White Rice

This was another attempt to recreate a restaurant dish.

Recently, we made a visit to a local Mexican restaurant. I selected a seafood quesadilla from the menu and it came with white rice instead of the standard Mexican rice with tomato flavoring. It was awesome!

I went in search of a recipe to help me recreate this dish as a side for our tacos on Tuesday night. I decided to try this recipe for Mexican White Rice on All Recipes. I used frozen corn instead of fresh, frozen peas instead of canned, and fresh carrots. I did not use the poblano pepper because I was too chicken. Even though a full tablespoon of chicken flavoring seemed like a lot, I did use that much and it was fine.

The verdict: I liked the creamy consistency of this dish, but I felt the veggie flavor dominated everything else. I want to make it again, but cut down on the veggie content by half or so. I definitely prefer this kind of rice to the traditional standard Mexican restaurant side.

Comments