If You Are a Chocolate Lover...


...this frosting is for you! We met up with my in-laws last weekend to do a little shopping and spend some time together. Since Friday was my Dad-in-law's birthday, I volunteered to make a cake.
The tradition in my husband's family is a white cake with chocolate frosting. I don't know why you'd want to ruin a perfectly good white cake with chocolate frosting, but that's what makes me a vanilla girl! My husband mentioned something about how good his Mom's chocolate frosting always tasted, so I set out to find a GOOD chocolate buttercream to try and meet family expectations. Rachael Ray did not disappoint with this Chocolate Buttercream. I made it just as written. I had enough for a 2 layer 8 inch round cake and just enough left over! Hubby thinks that a monster cookie sandwich with the chocolate frosting sounds pretty tasty.

Comments