Menu Planning Report

I found that my menu plan for September was really a big help. I did not stress over what to make, and I felt like dinner preparation on work nights went much more smoothly. I still need to work out how to plan for lunch time leftovers, as well as use ingredients multiple times in a week, but with a little practice it should get easier. (I kept planning to use leftovers of a Monday or Tuesday night meal in my Thursday night meal and then realized I need some of the leftovers for our lunches during the week. Oops!)

As I sat down to plan the meals for October, a couple of things struck me. 1. I now have a record of what I make when, and I feel more pressure not to make the same things too often. (This is strictly my neurosis. No one else cares. I'm the same way about clothes, earrings, etc.) 2. Since my husband is gone, I get a free week to make whatever I want with little planning.

I've found a great blog where the writer not only menu plans, too, but her roll call on Menu Planning Mondays provides a wealth of ideas and recipes. Check out I'm an Organizing Junkie for more. I'll definitely be visiting a bunch of these sites to get ideas for November!

Comments