Meal Planning

I'm making my first attempt at meal planning. Since school is starting again next week, I am trying to make my life a little simpler.
It seems on my work days I usually end up spending much of the day figuring out what to make that night. It is also more difficult then, because I know it has to be something I can make in 20-25 minutes. I won't have time to stop at the store in between, and I haven't pulled any meat out of the freezer or done any advance prepwork. What results is a severe limitations in choices of what I can make--there are only so many nights I want to eat spaghetti, scrambled eggs, pancakes, chicken patties, or pizza!
So, I've made out a plan for the first month of school. I tried to incorporate some slow cooker recipes on my work days, and also make good use of my leftovers during the week. (Other than using them for lunches.) I didn't plan out every night. I'm way too food moody for that. At least I've got some guidelines and something to reference. We all have to start somewhere, right?
(I'm still trying to figure out how to upload the menu to share. Stay tuned.)

Comments