Alas, the Kitchen is Closed


On most Friday evenings, my kitchen closes. For me the perfect start to a new weekend is going out and relaxing, not stressing over what I'm going to make for dinner. Strangely enough, once the kitchen closes on Friday, it struggles to reopen during the other weekend days. Behind closed doors we throw together a breakfast or lunch here and there, but no culinary creations generally happen unless there are guests. I think this weekend of Mother's Day it will be especially hard to get inspired to do any cooking. On top of that, I just checked the online account and our tax rebate was deposited yesterday. I think it's only right that we do our part and start stimulating the economy right now! But that also leads to decisions: Chilis, Culvers, Old Chicago, Avantis, etc.

Comments