When Fall is Calling Your Name

Sometimes I know there are ingredients in my house I just know need to be used. I like the challenge of starting with one or two things and starting a search to use them up. This week, I knew I had some refrigerated biscuits, as well as several apples left from my orchard picking a few weeks ago. I was convinced there had to be some recipe to use both things up and sure enough, Air Fryer Apple Pie Bombs to the rescue. As per usual, I had to do a little tweaking along the way, but I made it work!

To start, I had to find a recipe with fresh apples instead of apple pie filling, otherwise, what was the point? I had smaller biscuits instead of the Grands size, so I left them whole instead of splitting them. I flattened each one out to about 4-5 inches in size. For my apple filling, I used mostly Jonathans with one Honey Crisp. I also used regular salted butter instead of the avocado spread.

This recipe takes a few steps, but I had fun chatting with my kiddo while I worked, so it didn't seem to take too long. The result was a crunchy crust and warm gooey apple filling inside. I'll admit, I've liked these warmed up after more than I liked them the day of. If you pop them in the microwave for a few seconds, it's almost as if someone has taken a Pizza Hut cinnamon breadstick and stuffed it with apple. Yum! It's been a terrific taste of fall.


Comments

anya long said…
I have actually made a variation of these before. They were delicious without pie filling of course. My two favorite seasonings are cinnamon and sugar. I will have to try this recipe!