Cowboy Up!

I think we are finally turning the corner to fall, and I'm ready for fall foods. Of course, it's always nice to have easy options to accommodate busy fall schedules. These Slow Cooker Cowboy Sandwiches are perfect for any time of year, but they seemed like a perfect match to September weather. The slow cooker means the kitchen doesn't heat up when it's still 87 degrees outside, but the sandwich vibes are a bit more fall like.

These sandwiches are so easy, and they taste great! If you are in the mood for something in the sloppy joe genre, but also want a taste of something different, this is perfect. It's an easy dump and go recipe that takes very little hands-on time. I chose to leave the jalapenos out of ours and instead added a little hot sauce. I really couldn't taste the hot sauce, but that was okay by me!😅 I used a 3 pound chuck roast, but I think any roast would do. I even noticed in the comments section on the original recipe, that the poster often uses a pork roast instead. We topped ours with Colby Jack cheese and French fried onions. The onions are a fun crunch and flavor boost.

I highly recommend adding this to your tailgate, Super Bowl, Sunday evening, Football Friday, rotation. It's a crowd pleaser for sure, and if you have leftovers, it is a great topper for mac and cheese, or in a quesadilla. Ask me how I know.😊

Comments

anya long said…
This looks so yummy! Those dried onions are my absolute favorite. That's why I love Thanksgiving and Christmas because then I get to just eat the onions. I will have to show this recipe to my dad because him and I are the meat eaters, my mom is a vegetarian, and my brother is a vegan so more for him and I!